We have competitive races in every district. There are a variety of reasons… there are Moderates that disagree with the Conservative leadership of the Central Committee and there are some leftovers of the Team LaMalfa character attacks of two years ago.
The bottom line is that the Placer CRA will be meeting on 4/4 and finalizing our team – that being said, here is who I am supporting for Placer GOP Central Committee District by District.
All the people on this list are CRA members (or CRA aligned) – they are Fiscal Conservatives, Pro-Gun, Prop-8 supporters… the Committee is elected by Supervisor District:
D1 (In the order you will see them on your ballot): Vote for 7
D2 Vote for only these 5:
Aaron F Park
D5 (Vote for only these 4)
The reason why the Central Committee is important is because we register voters, and get people out to the polls to vote. In addition – in the post prop-14 environment we have to endorse candidates pre-primary to help identify the Republicans. This fall, we will be vetting dozens of candidates running for local office and endorsing them.
There are some good people that did not make my list – but most that are not on my list of endorsed candidates are either ideological moderates and are some that are openly hostile to the current leadership or both.
Here’s the score folks – Doug LaMalfa is “one of us”. His signs say so.
David Stafford Reade and Doug LaMalfa are inexorably tied to each other at the hip – Reade was LaMalfa’s cheif of staff for the whole 6 years he was in the Assembly.
Reade followed North State Moderate Jim Nielsen in to the Assembly after LaMalfa whipped Rick Keene in the State Senate race in 2010.
Doug LaMalfa is in a heated race with North State Conservative Sam Aanestad – Aanestad has the same scores and ratings from all the Conservative groups that Doug LaMalfa does and then some.
I have detailed at length LaMalfa’s hypocricy over the nearly $5million he has pocketed from the taxpayers from his “family farm”.
But LaMalfa’s assocation with Reade beings a whole new level of problems for LaMalfa. Reade was once called the Karl Rove of the North State – there is a problem, Rove is a Republican. Reade has a toll booth outside his office – and LaMalfa has the tar all over him:
1. LaMalfa actively supported David Stafford Reade’s effort to take over the California Republican Assembly by Fraud.
2. David Stafford Reade got caught for rigging a CRA endorsement of Mitt Romney in 2007.
3. David Stafford Reade and Doug LaMalfa’s Chief of Staff were expelled from CRA for Fraud. I have come to believe that Mark Spannagel was acting under orders from Reade. Both brought disrepute onto Doug LaMalfa.
4. Doug LaMalfa accused Republican Volunteers of Committing Felonies on the front page of the Sacramento Bee after an Email attacking the Placer GOP Central Committee was sent from DSR Enterprises – David Reade’s Firm. Unprecedented and stupid.
5. David Stafford Reade has a history of accusing political enemies of being investigated by the FBI, and Doug LaMalfa repeats the allegations.
6. LaMalfa got caught up in David Reade’s paid drill to destroy the Republican Party Platform. LaMalfa through his appointees to the California Republican Party lined up in support of a Pro-Choice, Pro Gay-Marriage platform that was devoid of the Gun Issue. (part 2 here)
7. David Stafford Reade is involved in creating exclusive, invitation-only Republican clubs whose only purposes are to serve his interests – thus alienating potential supporters.
But – there’s more, Mr. Reade’s double-dealing and LaMalfa’s complicity in it are legendary. To be continued…
This is a true RINO alert: Pam Tobin re-registered Republican to run for supervisor against Kirk Uhler.
She is a tax-and-spend liberal (more on that later) and is trying to give the Democrats a 3-2 majority on the Placer County Board of Supervisors.
She was also too lame of a candidate to buy her own domain name.
Look what www.pamtobin.com brings up!
I took due note of some of the questions.
1. They were primarily interested in the Paycheck Protection and the Jerry Brown Tax Increase measures.
2. They asked my opinion of Obama, Brown and only Mitt Romney on the Republican Side. They did ask opinions of the Parties themselves.
3. They of course asked a ton of questions about Government Spending and Regulation vs Spending on Police and Fire… and they asked several of the same questions 2-4 different ways interspersed throughout the poll. It was quite sophisticated and expensive.
4. They of course asked if I owned Guns, went to church, etc… just like Obamacare regulations require of people going to Emergency Rooms.
The people that commissioned this poll were certainly fishing for ways to deceive voters in to screwing themselves this fall…
Folks – out of fairness to the people on the CRP leadership, I am posting this.
I am still angry over what was done and the joke of a system that the electeds foisted on us because, fearing a loss of control, they came in late and sabotaged the “Nehring Plan” at the last minute.
1. The Tehama GOP apparently was told that they blew it with the way they endorsed Bob Williams and was given notice that they needed to fix their errors. They did not reply.
2. Doug LaMalfa never sought a CRP endorsement and apparently the NRCC (The blithering idiots that seem to lose every congressional race they involve themselves in) was of the opinion that a viable Republican candidate was going to make the runoff – so Lamalfa who had two official County Cent Com endorsements versus Aanestad’s zero was not endorsed.
3. They created a rule (that is not in the bylaws) that unless a committee endorsed a candidate by 2/3 that any other result would be considered “no action” – even if a committee met and voted. This is why Beth Gains and crew celebrated the embarrassing 13-11 vote against – they knew that the consultant / capitol staff controlled Sacramento GOP Cent Com would endorse giving her an endorsement at the state CRP level.
4. Committees like Plumas, Lassen and El Doardo that blatantly violated CRP By-Laws (by not giving public notice of 5 days before they endorsed) – were never brought up to CRP leadership.
IT was also detailed to me that there was a lot of discussion on several races about not endorsing or whether they should pick a winner, etc.
It is a disaster for everyone that a party with 5 million people (and shrinking) would have nomination/endorsement decisions made by a group of 24.
This blogger was assured that there would be an actual nomination/caucus system in place for the 2014 election to avoid this sort of a train wreck happening again.
I am still angry – I felt compelled to post some of this out of professionalism and respect for some in CRP leadership. I am still of the opinion that creating rules last minute is wrong and that the by-laws were not evenly applied.
However, those in CRP leadership have strong arguments that suggest otherwise.