I just recently looked at polling data – it shows that Ron Paul has little support amongst Republicans and in NH whose primary is open, most of Paul’s support is coming from Left-leaning Independents and Democrats.
I have a theory why – look at the host of articles about him.
Ex Aide says Ron Paul is a 9/11 Truther who thinks America should not have fought Hitler. This is the same guy that thought Saddam was justified in attacking Kuwait because Kuwait was “slant drilling” Iraqi Oil.
As the libertarian candidate for President – he called Ronald Reagan’s administration a “dramatic failure”.
Ron Paul argues in favor of Congressional Earmarks in a 2009 LA Times article.
This is an article about an 8-page Ron Paul fundraising letter that was full of irresponsible comments – including forecasting a coming race war.
This is an article about Ron Paul’s support for HAMAS and his disdain for Israel.
Jack Dingess: “One of the Ron Paul Report newsletters claimed gays were going to donate blood en masse to infect the American blood supply with AIDS. The newsletters were written in the first person as if they were from Ron Paul. How is this any different from Obama’s Rev. Jeremiah Wright claiming the CIA invented AIDS to kill black men.
“Ron Paul was perfectly fine with Neo-Nazis raising money for his 2008 campaign. He went on Iranian national television to claim Israel has concentration camps where it routinely kills Palestinians.
“He admitted writing the newsletters when they came up initially, defended them, and a staffer even said he was continuing to write them. So he is either a liar or the most incompetent candidate ever. Paul is every bit as bad and as dangerous as Barack Obama.”
Ron Paul called Bradley Manning – who gave Wikileaks their data in the largest breach of US Security ever – a Hero!
The Republican Security Council has even more to add – this is a facebook post, so you’ll need to log in.
Ron Paul got an 80% rating from the ACLU in 2010.
65-75% rating from NARAL (for being pro-choice) from 2005-2007 – the only Republican running for President whose rating was better than an “F” from NARAL.
An “F” rating from Immigration Watchdog Groups – he opposed the border fence, called the border patrol unconstitutional and advocates amnesty in his book liberty defined.
Has one of the most isolationist voting records there is in congress regarding trade policy.
You can not possibly take this guy seriously.
2011 was a stormy year for me personally in politics. I got to live through the full force of an attempted political assassination.
2011 started with the Sacramento Bee/Auburn Journal, apparently being spurred by David Stafford Reade/Karen England etc into writing hit pieces against the Placer GOP Central Committee. There were allegations of bribery, extortion, money laundering, embezzlement and an FBI Investigation. Tea Parties were brought in to the fray, consultants were brought in, emails were sent out en masse – but we are still here and they are not.
2011 closes with two of the primary accusers off of the Central Committee.
2011 closes with no evidence ever presented of the alleged wrongdoing.
2011 closes with dozens of phone calls to the FPPC and no response or action from them in 4+ months.
2011 closes with 14+ months passing since Karen England alleged an FBI visit to her house – no one else has been contacted since.
2011 closes with the CRA having fought a successful war to rid itself of corruption.
2011 closes with Ted Gaines drawing a formidable opponent and Beth Gaines staring down the barrel of her own challenge.
The following are the 5 top events of 2011 in the Political Life of Aaron F Park:
5. Broke the news about the David Stafford Reade led effort to use the good name of Doug LaMalfa to serve his liberal master’s desire to destroy the GOP Platform. The effort was thwarted, but not before David Stafford Reade scored a huge payday.
4. Mere months after attacking the Placer County Republican Party in concert with Doug LaMalfa – Ted Gaines draws a primary opponent. Les Baugh for State Senate, Baby!!!
3. October 27,2011 – celebrated the self-termination of Karen England, the primary accuser with no evidence of the Placer GOP. After not getting her way (aka control), she accumulated 4 absences off of the Central Committee and was removed for it. In addition, 10/27 will forever be known as “FBI DAY” in Placer CRA Circles as this is the day of the alleged visit by the FBI to Karen England’s house – as of the writing of this post… nope, no FBI visit.
2. Beth Gaines files for Assembly. Anyone who missed the point of Ted Gaines’ run against John Doolittle could not miss the ramifications of this move. Beth Gaines won after an apparently coordinated independent expenditure came in late in the race and creative financing from her consultant allowed her to basically spend double her opponent John Allard.
1. The April 2011 CRA Convention. Karen England took her local dispute with Tom, George and I statewide to the CRA convention – we were treated to a consultant-driven smear campaign, a drill that involved 4 members of the state legislature and Saul Alinsky-like tactics at the convention. We Won, they lost – so they took their ball and are trying to form a new organization of their own.
The moral of 2011 – it is a year that would have broken many an activist. I got to see the worst of the GOP – be it Ted Gaines betraying still more people or his creating a political family dynasty, Karen England’s moral corruption, exposing the corruption that had beset the CRA or putting up with the abuse for standing my ground and not allowing these people to go unchecked?
That’s why we ended up in the newspaper, in emails, etc etc etc. David Stafford Reade, Karen England and their crew attempted to take our integrity away. It didn’t work and it won’t work when they try it again.
2011 also reminded me of why I stay and fight for the soul of the GOP – seeing the actions of David Stafford Reade who actively works to undermine Conservatives for pay and the actions of Karen England who appears to be in on the deal… or the people including the previous two that were expelled from CRA for their gross fraud related to CRA.
But the biggest lesson of 2011 was this – I learned through the actions of the electeds that were involved in the attempted takeover of the CRA the most important lesson of all.
To many in elected office – the facts don’t matter, period. They are prima-donnas of the highest order and the only thing that does matter is what affects their next election campaign.
I got in to politics in 1997 to influence elections and I choose to stay and fight for the soul of the GOP against this sort of elected that infest so many offices around the country.
I know where Beth Gaines was, sending out emails in an attempt to inflame a political attack by people with no evidence? Was that it?
She certainly was nowhere to be found in the business she claims to be part owner of, etc. etc. etc…
Now – we are starting to get concrete examples of the lack of leadership back-bencher Beth Gaines has brought to CA AD-06.
I could rail on her participation in attacking the Placer-CRA led Central Committee – but that could be dismissed as personal. However, today, the Bee provides us with an example of what all of us knew intuitively about Beth Gaines.
130 more jobs, gone.
Did we even get a constituent email from Beth Gaines that she was fighting for us? Of course not (although, when they see this blog, you can make bank that they will attempt to grandstand on the next would-be exodus of a California Business)… Beth Gaines is in one of the smallest offices in the Capitol doing next to nothing for anyone and no amount of spin or last-second sudden interest can change that.
“Our expanding geographic reach and expected continuing growth required us to make an objective assessment of the appropriate location for our corporate headquarters. The Woodlands offers our employees an attractive, lower cost, and more centrally located community well serviced by two major airports,” said Ronald J. Mittelstaedt, chairman and chief executive, in a press release.
Taxpayers still can’t afford Beth Gaines’ double-dip.
I couldn’t think of a better title. This guy is insane, inconsistent, a liar, a fraud and is like a cult leader.
I have a lot of Conservative friends that love Ron Paul – I get railed on with the “Constitution” every time I dare speak up against Ron Paul. I get sick, and it is disturbing to me that many good conservatives are getting led down the garden path by a charlatan like Ron Paul.
Before I even get in to his blatant hypocrisy and double-spoken lies I start with Ron Paul’s contempt for the greatest Republican of recent history – in 1987 Ron Paul said that the Reagan Administration was a “Dramatic Failure”. Now, Paul attempts to invoke Ronald Reagan in his ads!
Ron Paul refused to endorse John McCain in 2008 – stating that he could find nothing in common with McCain. John McCain scored 90% and 100% from the American Conservative Union in 2009/2010. Ron Paul preferred instead to endorse Cynthia McKinney – the Green Party Nominee and Ralph Nader, the far-left Attorney that was the Independent Nominee.
Ron Paul is one of the largest contradictions in political history – all the while piously pointing a finger of judgment at Mitt Romney.
The Congressman says he supports a strong national defense and emphasizes his military service, but he was an Air Force doctor. Today he wants to cut $1 trillion out of the Pentagon budget which would end all modernization and readiness programs. He would abandon NATO and abolish the CIA, the Department of Homeland Security and the Patriot Act.
He would give up America’s veto power in the UN Security Council as well as all military assistance to Israel – under the guise of stopping foreign aid. 85% of the money given to Israel is military support.
Ron Paul claims to be pro life – and attacks Mitt Romney for his record on the life issue. Problem – it was Ron Paul, not Mitt Romney that scored 65%, 75%, 65% from NARAL from 2004-2006. Romney was given a perfect 0 by Naral in his 2007-2008 Presidential bid.
While accusing other Republicans of being liars – here is part of Ron Paul’s record on the truth: Paul falsely claims – Palestinians are starving and confined to a “concentration camp”; the United States financed Osama bin Laden during the first Afghan War; the CIA is behind the sale of illegal drugs; there is an “international conspiracy” focused on the non-existent North American Union.
… and this idiot wants to be President!?
I’m not done.
Anti-Iran Resolution? – No.
Unborn Victims of Violence Act? – No
Welfare Reform in 1996? – No
Congressional Earmarks – YES! One of only 4 Republicans in 2011 to request Earmarks!
Free Trade? – No
Open Borders? – YES! Received an “F” rating from Numbers USA in 2012 – only one Republican scored worse than Ron Paul
Legalize Drugs – YES! (state’s rights, you know)
Defense of Marriage Act? – No (State’s Rights, once again)
Taxpayer Funded Abortion? – Yes! (State’s Rights)
Ron Paul believes that the 10th amendment gives him the right to vote Pro-Choice, Pro-Gay, Pro-Narcotics and grandstand as Pro-Life, Pro-family and Pro-Health!
Ron Paul is a colossal fraud. The claims that he is insane derive from the conspiracy theories he espouses from the lectern – and only a small part are relayed here.
The Coup’d’etat??? Ron Paul received an 80% rating from the ACLU in 2011.
Mr. Paul’s record is so far out of the AMERICAN mainstream that no one in the Center, Center-Right or on the Right should ever take him seriously.
This is re-printed in its’ entirety from the Conservative Samizdat Blog.
The Washington Post has an article out listing 21 Reasons why Newt Gingrich Will not become President in 2012. Here’s their list of reasons:
1. Previously supported a cap-and-trade plan to reduce carbon emissions, and even filmed a commercial alongside Nancy Pelosi to that effect;2. Previously supported a health-care plan with an individual mandate;3. Proposed blasting North Korea with — wait for it — lasers;4. Took $1.6 million from Freddie Mac;5. Began the campaign with six figures in debt to Tiffany’s;6. Carried on an extramarital affair with a House staffer 20-years his junior during the Clinton impeachment trial (they’re now married);7. Tried to explain away said extramarital affair by saying, “There’s no question at times in my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate”;8. Sribbled a note describing himself as an “Advocate of civilization, defender of civilization, teacher of the rules of civilization, arouser of those who form civilization, organizer of the pro-civilization activists, and leader ‘possibly’ of the civilizing forces”;10. Supported the TARP bailout;11. Is loathed by almost every conservative thought leader writing today;12. and by most every member of the Republican and libertarian/conservative political establishments;13. Called Paul Ryan’s budget “right-wing social engineering” and then, two days later, said, “The budget vote is one that I’m happy to say I would have voted for…So, let me say on the record: Any ad which quotes what I said Sunday is a falsehood”;14. Called for “a massive new program to build a permanent lunar colony to exploit the Moon’s resources”;15. Called child labor laws “truly stupid”;16. Suggested that “a mirror system in space could provide the light equivalent of many full moons so that there would be no need for nighttime lighting of the highways”;17. Said that “most profound insight I have read in the last six years about Barack Obama” is that “[Obama] is so outside our comprehension, that only if you understand Kenyan, anti-colonial behavior, can you begin to piece together [his actions]”;18. Was fined $300,000 by the House Ethics Committee for offering “incomplete, unreliable, and inaccurate” information during an investigation of a for-profit college course he developed while serving in Congress;19. Helped the GOP lose the 1995 government-shutdown showdown by saying that “part of why you ended up with us sending down a tougher continuing resolution” was that he didn’t get good enough seats on Air Force One;20. Was a dues-paying member of the Sierra Club;21. Supported the 1989 Global Warming Prevention Act, which included a provision encouraging the U.N. to work to control population growth through, among other methods, family-planning services